. . . or so says Fox 32 News in Chicago, which showed the picture below of a celebration when the Cubs returned to Chicago after their World Series win. They add:
Officials estimate that 5 million people showed up to the Chicago Cubs parade and rally Friday, making it the 7th largest gathering in human history.
The Cubs celebration crowd even beat out the 3.5 million people who went to Rod Stewart’s 1994 concert in Rio.
Now that isn’t near five million people above, but I’m sure that’s not the official rally, as I don’t recognize the area.
And what were the rivals of the CubsFest? gathering? Fox adds this:
The following are the largest human gatherings in history:
1. Kumbh Mela pilgrimage, India, 2013 – 30 million
2. Arbaeen festival, Iraq, 2014 – 17 million
3. Funeral of CN Annadurai, India, 1969 – 15 million
4. Funeral of Ayatollah Khomeini, Iran, 1989 – 10 million
5. Papal gathering in the Philippines, 2015 – 6 million
6. World Youth Day, 1995 – 5 million
Live and learn.